Local attractions, near Ben Lomond Lodge at Rowardennan, on the shores of Loch Lomond.
This is a truly picturesque area at the foot of Ben Lomond on the East side of Loch Lomond and is the farthest North you can take a vehicle.
The famous West Highland Way passes through the village of Rowardennan and continues north. The village has a well known hotel (2 minutes by foot), there is also a ferry to Inverbeg which operates in the summer months.
The surrounding area has a wealth of activities for the outdoor enthusiasts being close to Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park which offers numerous walking, cycling, equestrian and climbing opportunities as well as a variety of water sports facilities.
The lodge is just 7 miles north of Balmaha which provides everyday amenities, bars and restaurants. Within half an hour’s drive is Glasgow City Centre providing an extensive range of cultural, retail, educational and professional facilities.
- Water Sports – Enjoy a range of water and land based activities with Loch Lomond Leisure, who are based adjacent to the lodge site, www.lochlomond-scotland.com
- Hill Walking, www.walkhighlands.co.uk
- Sea Life Centre, Balloch, visitsealife.com
- Go Ape Outdoor Adventure Centre, Aberfoyle, www.goape.co.uk
- National Park Gateway Centres
Loch Lomond Shores
State of the art centre that introduces the geology, wildlife and cultural heritage of
Scotland’s first National Park and house a full Tourist Information Centre
Tel: 01389 722199
- National Park Centre
Open Easter to Oct
Tel: 01360 870470
- Recreation at Queen Elizabeth Forest Park
Within this web site you can find where to cycle, walk, horse ride, places to go, easy access and other activities
- Blair Drummond Safari and Adventure Park